Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of

I learned that search engines filter out what they "think" we don't care about and only feed us what we want to see. This creates our own little bubble of information that is unique to our own preferences. This information makes me think I'm ignorant to what else the internet has to offer. I don;t like this filtering because I don't like the idea of a computer knowing me. What else is technology capable of? It is scary to think about how many advances we've made and how much more we can do. I will try to search a bigger variety of things. The computer can't stereotype me if I am interested in everything.


When I re-did my search, I made it much more specific. I also found that a good way to get unique information is to go pages far into your search. That has information that google tried filtering to the back because it thought you didn't want to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment